Title

Title

Monday, March 12, 2012

Sew Blessed
We have been "Sew Blessed" for the past five years by
the customers and friends who quilt along side us.
We would like to take this occasion
to launch a new mission at Temecula Quilt Co.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Sew Blessed
A sewing machine lifts a woman out of poverty.
To a poverty-stricken woman or girl in a country like Zambia,
 Ghana, or Ecuador, the sewing machine you provide
can be a doorway to a better life. You'll show a single mother,
 orphaned teen, or HIV-positive widow how she can make a
decent living as a seamstress to support herself and her family.
- - - - - - - - - -
How you can participate
We will be collecting donations to purchase sewing machines
through World Vision. One sewing machine and training is
$270.00. Each time we collect enough money to purchase
a machine I will send a donation to World Vision.
- - - - - - - - - -
This will be an ongoing project at Temecula Quilt Co.
To get the ball rolling we are doing a give-away
Make a donation in the shop or online in the month
of March and you will be entered in a drawing to win the
 Basket of Scraps pictured above. Add something for yourself
to your online order and we will enter your name again. Over
the last five years I have accumulated a lot of scraps and this
is the perfect occasion to share. These are bundles that I have
used to create store samples. There are a lot of great lines
from all our favorite designers.
- - - - - - - - - -
Prize includes:
Personal Scrap Collection
Several of our Favorite Scrappy Quilt Patterns
All 5 Temecula Quilt Co. Booklets
- - - - - - - - - - -
Note if you are an online winner we will be
unable to ship the basket, sorry.

5 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful idea! My sewing machine has changed my life and I hope my contribution will help someone else. Thank you for letting us help & sharing the blessings :)

    Pam P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a wonderful way to celebrate - and share your blessings. I'll be popping back on the website (or maybe even into the store) later this week. After payday! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! What a great idea. I know my sewing machine has been a life saver for me more than once. I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did this up in this corner of the world a year or so ago and I have to agree it is such a very good thing..love the smile on that gals face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did this up in this corner of the world a year or so ago and I have to agree it is such a very good thing..love the smile on that gals face!

    ReplyDelete