Title

Title

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentines Day is quickly approaching.
Make this cute little heart quilt for you or maybe some you love.
Finished size approximately 24" x 24"
Sorry we do not have kits for this project.
You will need to make 89 hearts. For each heart cut:
One 1-1/4" light square
One - 1-1/4" red square
One - 1-1/4" x 2" red rectangle
Sew two 1-1/4" squares together
Add 1-1/4" x 2" red rectangle.
Repeat to make 89 triangles
Make nine heart 9 patches. 
Cut 36 - 2" squares and assemble blocks as shown above.
To assemble quilt center cut:
Four 5" light squares
Two 7-1/2" squares cut twice diagonally - setting squares
( if you want a more scrappy look like mine you will need to cut more squares)
Two 4" squares cut once diagonally - corner squares
- - - - - - - - - -
Add 1-1/4" inner red border around quilt center using
your quilts measurements for border lengths.
To make borders cut:
twenty four 3-1/2" squares cut diagonally twice
- - - - - - - - - - 
Layout two borders using 10 hearts as pictured above.
Piece together diagonally.
Layout two borders using 12 hearts as pictured above.
Piece together diagonally.
 Add borders to quilt center
Quilt as desired. Bind.
Happy Valentine's Day

23 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! Great way to use up some scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please I like IT A lot but I want to now How big or small is it? Try to make it together with my daughter.
    Thanks for answering me.

    Kind regards,
    Marga

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so kind to share so much!!! Absolutely love what you do...wish I lived closer (Iowa).
    Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sew much! Lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet! I think I will end up doing a smaller version, or it will never get done, but thanks for the pattern and idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love the quilt! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern! Wish you had a kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love the quilt! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern. Wish you had a kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Thanks for sharing this fun quilt; think I'll go rustle up some red scraps and shirtings and dig in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Thanks for sharing the how-to's and where-for's!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute! How much in yardage for individual colors ? What is total measurement over all? Thank you
    ,


    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute! How much in yardage for individual colors ? What is total measurement over all? Thank you
    ,


    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!!! thanks for sharing. I'll tell everybody

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice version of a heart...Love the tiny size too..

    ReplyDelete
  14. another pattern on my list! thanks for sharing the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing.....love it!
    Question??
    I assembled my 10 hearts for sides and they are not matching in size to the middle section...I am off like a1".. Side border are too long?? What did I do? I cut my inside red border 1 1/4... Was that correct?
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the use of red and white fabric, perfect for St Valentines Days for ever more!
    Jay X

    ReplyDelete
  17. The corners seem a little tricky. Do you have a tutorial to do the corners? Thanks,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also could not get the borders to work. I ended up taking off one heart from each border. I assume the width of the inner border is incorrect in the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I completed piecing my top yesterday and boy do I LOVE it!!! The only thing is that I cut my inner strips at 1 1/4" as it said but had to take them off and replace them with strips that were cut 1 1/2". And I might add that I was sew happy that all the pieces that I used were from scraps!! Now to quilt it. Thanks for an awesome pattern to help get my scrap problem under control.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I realize I am a few years late in making this, but I love it, and just saw it and had to make it this week.

    ReplyDelete