Title

Title

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Little Letters - Getting Ready For School

Here are a few detail about our new Quilt Along - Little Letters.
I will be posting 2 letters each week on Sunday
and Wednesday starting September 7.
- - - - - - - - - - - - 
If you would like a kit we still have a few left.
You can order one here
- - - - - - - - - - - - - 
If you are going to use your own fabric you will need 
1-1/2 yards of light for the background and one small scrap
 approximately 4-1/2" x 11" for each letter.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - 
The following tutorials will be used throughout this project.
Snowball 
- - - - - - -
A. Draw diagonal line on square.
B. Place square on end of strip and sew on line.
C. Trim corners off.
D. press open.
 
Half Square Triangle
- - - - - - -
A. Draw diagonal line on wrong side of light.
B. Sew 1/4" on each side of line.
C - Cut on line and press toward dark.
D - Square units to correct size.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds fun and perfect for my first grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my kits Sheryl...I love them...can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun...my sister in law is a teacher and this would be perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait..... I'm going to combine your two samples and do a dotty background with bright solids.
    Can't wait to start. My first grandchild is due in November so this will be a nice Christmas present.

    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you..Looks like this will be a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness I am so excited! I look forward to Little Letters. Thank you so much for your wonderful tutorials, blog and store and much more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finished my "A" today. Can't wait for the next 25.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very easy to follow. I'll be looking forward to Wednesday & Friday for some sewing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd just love to follow along for future reference for when it's time to make my grandbabies quilts.
    Jeri oldtisme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. See the link below for more info.


    #ready
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are many people who think that a good audio typist is all about having fast typing speed. But having speed is not what it is all about when it comes to being a good transcriber. typing service

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete