Title

Title

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Keeping It Real

Where did February go!!! 
This month passed by with only 1 Dear Jane block completed.
March is a new month and I plan to get back on track.
I thought I would take a minute to show you how I plan out a row.
I did manage to get that done.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - 
1. I made these sleeves by sealing the normal flap of a 6" x 9"envelope 
and cutting off a small sliver on the 9" side. 
2. I numbered them 1 - 13. 
 3. I layout my quilt top and select my fabric for the next row, fold
it to fit and put it in the envelope.
4. I am using The EQ Dear Jane software for most of my blocks.
I print out the entire row I am working on and fold on the lines
so they will be ready for foundation piecing. 
5. Now I can just pick up an envelope and get started. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
If you are serious about making Dear Jane I recommend
 using the software. You can order it here. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Cheryl, I'm so awed by the blocks you've already completed and your organization. Gorgeous. And I'm a bit jealous - I've had the Dear Jane book forever, but haven't made one block yet! Now you tell me EQ has software for it? Now I have no excuse! One question for you... do you know if I need to have EQ to use the DJ software?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherryl, you do not need the EQ software to use Dear Jane. No excuses now.

      Delete
  2. Sheryl your organization is amazing...what a great way to attack those rowsπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job. Good planning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished my Dear Jane last month after working on it off and on for over ten years. If I had to do it over again, I would work from the center out.

    ReplyDelete