Title

Title

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wild Goose Wednesday

Wild Goose Wednesday is pretty simple.

Each Wednesday for the next 33 weeks I will be
making and posting 8 flying geese for a total of 264.

Use the simple tutorial above to make
4 | 2-1/2" x 5" finished blocks
Cutting
From print #1 {light or dark print} cut 1 | 6-1/4" square
From #2 Print {light or dark print} cut 4 |3-3/8" squares
Assemble
1.Draw diagonal lines on wrong side of smaller squares.
2.With right sides together place two small squares in 
opposite corners. Sew 1/4" on each side of drawn line.
3. Cut on diagonal line. Open triangles and press.
4. With right sides together place another small square
in corner as shown and sew 1/4" on each side of line.
5. Cut on diagonal line. Open triangles and press.

If you would like to make a different size block
Once the quilt is assembled it will measure 55" x 60"
This is my inspiration. There are more flying geese 
quilts here to inspire you.

Lets get started | Using directions above make 8 Wild Geese 


3 comments:

  1. I love this method. In fact, I think I may just do this! What a fun way to use up small pieces of fabric or fabrics that you are tired of looking at in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to use the flying geese for a border for my Baskets A-Plenty quilt I am working on. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Will be following every week. What a great way to use up scraps!!! Its going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete