Title

Title

Friday, August 25, 2017

Insta-Sew-Along

I have quite a collection of these little tool boxes.
I love to use them to coral projects. This one is
for my English Paper Piecing. I think it is time for
a new project, it has been awhile. I was instantly
inspired by this family quilt brought in by Donna. 
A quick search of the shelves in the shop and the perfect
fabric was chosen. Almost a perfect color match. You can see 
all the fabric details in the last photo. So sorry there was less
than a yard on the bolt and it is no longer available. I am sure
there is something else out there with your name on it. I will 
definitely keep my eyes pealed for another option. 
 I will be using 3/4" hexagons, mostly because I already had 
a bunch made and ready to go. I am not really sure what size
this project will finish or how many hexagons I will need. I am
going to play this one by ear. I will be posting a few updates 
here on the blog as well as more frequent posts on Instagram
and Facebook. Be sure to follow us so you won't miss out. 
 

10 comments:

  1. Are the hexies appliqued to the "gold" fabric background? Really beautiful old quilt......I'd love to see more views.........
    Mona


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are. I am not to that point yet but I will definitely share what I figure out.

      Delete
  2. LOVE everything about this! From your project box to your hexies to your choice of gold fabric!!! Finishing up a big EPP project and then I hope to join in!
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sheryl....as always this is going to be fun! Are the individual "blocks" the size of the finished one shown on your really cool little tool box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am not making mine as large as the original. I have a little tutorial for Instagram today. Stay tuned

      Delete
  4. Yippee! I've been mindlessly making scrappy hexies for months. Now I know what to do with them! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could also link up here with Sarah. She is hexie mad.
    http://sarahdidit.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/help-for-hexie-aholics-81717.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that is a gorgeous family quilt, and a nice project to start into. Hurray for already having a bunch of hexies ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Emily Dickson from USA I'm happy that my husband is back into my life after 2 years of divorce a strong spell caster named dr lagi brought him back I got his email online when a lady was testifying about the strong spell caster who restored her marriage then I said to myself since he helped her he can also help me so I emailed him and told him the pain that I was going through within 24 hours my husband came back home and our family is complete again If you are going through divorce since dr lagi helped me he can also help you email him at drlagispellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete