Title

Title

Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Star #8
Week Eight Center
Cut one 3-1/2" square from medium
Cut one 3-1/2" square from dark
- - - - - - - - - - -
- Draw a diagonal line on wrong side of
medium square.
- Pair up medium and dark squares and sew
1/4" on each side of line. Cut on line, press
- Draw another diagonal line on wrong
side of half square triangle unit.
- Nest half square triangle units together
and sew on 1/4" on each side of line.
- Cut on line, press. You will have an extra block.
- Square block to 2-1/2"
- Piece star block and square to 4-1/2"

5 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this today. I had the "geese" units for this block ready and waiting for the center. Just realized this week that there were 5 Fridays this month. I had been thinking it would be an eight block mini. I was wrong. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sew along. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping up this time - thank you again!! Just read Janet's comment - I was thinking along her lines too..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am headed to do this block and the one from last week. I just got my ruler box in the mail, so it is a good Friday afternoon! Just the bright spot I needed after a super stressful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this sew along.Your blocks are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete