Title

Title

Friday, October 19, 2018

Secret Santa Sew Along

S e c r e t   S a n t a   S e w   A l o n g
S t e p   O n e
+  +   +  + 
Cutting
from a variety of green prints, cut:
48 squares, 2" x 2"

from a variety of brown prints, cut:
12 squares, 1-1/4" x 1-1/4"

from a variety of light prints, cut:
48 strips, 1-1/4" x 2"

Assembly
Arrange one brown square, 4 green squares and 4 light strips
as laid out above. Sew the units in each row together. Sew 
the rows together to make one block. The block should 
measure 4-1/4" square, including seam allowances.
Repeat to make 12 blocks.
+  +   +  + 
If you missed any details you can find them here. 

18 comments:

  1. Thank You for this! I'm still slowly working on my summer circles but this will be a fun sew along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your QALs! Thank you in advance for Secret Santa!!!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this secret quilt !! I just don't understand very well if you cut the squares of 2"x 2" adding a seam allowance or if it's included in their size... (Sorry, it may be clear but I'm french...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Look on the side bar for "Subscribe to Temecula Quilt Co" click on the link and follow the instructions. Posts will show up in your inbox and you won't miss a thing.

      Delete
  5. 12 blocks done !
    Thank you Sheryl from Paris !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of Secret Santa! How do I sign up to receive the free pattern? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to sign up just follow along on the blog.

      Delete
  8. Looks,like could be lots,of fun. Need am a Christmas quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks,like could be lots,of fun. Need am a Christmas quilt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you think a mixture of lite whites & lite tans will look ok or all lite whites would be better?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm struggling to figure out just how scrappy to make my blocks. Like should all the prints be different in them, or would matching pairs be better? Any hints you can give us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say the scrappier the better, but if you would like to control it a little more that would work as well. You can see from my photos that I tried not to repeat in at least the center block. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! It does help. Think I'm going with very scrappy then. Thank you for doing this for us. It's been fun!

      Delete