Title

Title

Friday, February 22, 2019

Summer Circles

There was a little break in the rain and last Saturday
was a beautiful day for a photo shoot. I finally finished
Summer Circles. I have a few secrets to share:

1. I do not like unfinished projects, this was my only UFO.

2. I do not particularity like square quilts, but I finished 
this one as a square because, see secret 1 and 3.

3. I don't think I have the patience for larger English
paper pieces projects, they just take to long and I get
tired of working on them. I will be sticking to smaller projects. 

I finished this quilt off by appliqueing the outer edge 
to a 4" border. I hope your project is coming along 
and you are getting close to finishing yours as well.
The Winner of our first Mini Quilt Giveaway is Mary, she said 

"A Temecula little quilt! What a treasure! I love your 
quilts and your blog! Just wish I could visit your shop 
some day. I've wanted to make a "T" quilt for a long 
time, since our last name begins with T."

Mary send me an email and I will get 
your little quilt in the mail to you. 



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Mary T! Perfect quilt for you!!!

    Sheryl, I love your Summer Circles quilt. It makes me regret not jumping on board with you! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your only UFO?!? That is the kind of quilter my Mother was, but I did not inherit that gene!
    Congrats to Mary!
    BTW, I have no patience with EPP either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eyes widened with No. 1 (in my dreams I've completed all UFO's but as one is finished another is added to the bottom of the list. If you know the story of the Winchester Mystery House, I am like Mrs. Winchester only instead of adding on rooms to my house I add quilts to my list). Regarding No. 2, I do like a couple of square quilts to use as table toppers on my long pine table - it gives it a different look than the usual rectangular tablerunner. I'm with you on No. 3, too long a process and I usually have a small hand applique project which is a good take-along project. Thanks for your always inspiring posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mary! It's perfect for you!
    Love the applique border. I also wish I had join in on the sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appliqued my circles to a 4" border also. I did do some additional rounds but, like you, I was getting pretty bored so I zig-zaged them on with mono-filament thread (don't tell anyone--I'm very ashamed!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Summer Circles quilt is gorgeous! Congrats to Mary! ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your summer circles quilt....your color choic3es are so refreshing...is it still possible to get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not do a pattern but you can find all the details by clicking on Summer Circles on the side bar of the blog.

      Delete
  8. What a pretty little quilt! I am just beginning to start quilting small quilts.

    ReplyDelete