Title

Title

Friday, June 7, 2019

Summer Night Square Up Sew Along

Are you ready to get started making a few half
 square triangles? I love to square up half square 
triangles the old fashion way. There are a variety of
different techniques to make these little gems. Using 
your favorite, make 888 | 1-1/2" finished half square
triangles. Here is how I will be making mine.

Cutting:
from a variety of brown,black and grey prints cut the following:
444 squares, 2-1/2" x 2-1/2"
From a variety of light prints cut the following:
444 squares, 2-1/2" x 2 1/2"

Use this tutorial to make half square 
triangles with my favorite technique.
Use one light and one dark 2-1/2" square. 
Square each half square triangle to 2"

Make your half square triangles at your own pace. 
I will be checking in from time to time with reminders
and progress reports. Finishing pattern will be available
in early August as a PDF download for a minimal fee. 

If you want to see the inspiration quilt or order
a finishing kit you can find all the details here.

9 comments:

  1. Yay!! Will be fun ! This is the first post that I checked this morning!! I think there is an error in your cutting directions for the dark squares. Shouldn’t it say 2 1/2 x 2 1/2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you clarify the finished size of the half square triangles? It says make 888
    1 1/2" in the first paragraph, but in the third paragraph it says to square them to 2".
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, Finished size refers to the size the hst will be once sewn into the quilt. It will need to be 2" including seam allowances. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  3. Great! This is just the motivation I need to tackle my scrap bins. I love HSQs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the scale of your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute! I love the scale of your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been collecting my fabrics and getting excited to start this project. I love the Antique quilt that is the inspiration behind this project. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful quilt with us!

    ReplyDelete