Title

Title

Monday, January 20, 2020

Scavenger Hunt Sew Along - Clue Two

 * C l u e   T w o *
Who doesn’t love a pinwheel, they are so much fun,
luckily they’re simple and you won’t need a ton.

Ten little Building Blocks is all that you’ll need,
a few other prints and the center row takes the lead.
Before we get started on this weeks hint I just want to be sure
everyone is on the same page with their center block. Your
center block should measure 5-1/2" including seam allowances.
Please check out this post if you have any questions.

* H i n t *
Make ten small red and white pinwheels using cutting and
assembly instructions on page 50 of Returning to Temecula

Add corners to Pinwheel block
From dark brown print - Cut 20 squares, 2-3/4" x 2-3/4"
Cut in half diagonally once and add to each side of
pinwheel blocks. Square each unit to 3-1/2"
(See additional instructions for this technique on
 page 55 of Returning to Temecula)

Additional pieces - cut as follows:
Blue Print - 4 strips, 1-1/2" x 19-1/2"
Brown Print - 8 strips, 1-1/2" x 3-1/2"
Assemble Row One using diagram above.

Finished Row 5-1/2" x 43-1/2" including seam allowances

Just joining us? Get all the details here.
Order a copy of Returning to Temecula here. 

13 comments:

  1. This would be more fun for those of us that bought the E-book if you gave location numbers in addition to page numbers. Most e-books don't have page numbers! There are two different sized pinwheels in the book. Thanks for the scavenger hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the confusion, the bold italicized word is a hint to the quilt that contains the information. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add that you need to make the pinwheels that finish 2-1/2" I don't think this will be a problem from here on out.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for responding. I guess I wasn't noticing all the clues because I was excited to get sewing!I did get it figured out and have finished the row!

      Delete
  3. I am on this step (while sheltering at home). I am not used to working with such small pieces so this has been a challenge. However, I am wondering what I missed as my finished blocks, (pinwheel and brown triangles, is about 4 inches which is too big, and I can't square them to 3 1/2 or I lose all my seam allowance. Can someone tell me what I did wrong??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't square up your red and white half square triangles before making them into a pinwheel. Could that be the problem?

      Delete
    2. That might be.... what size are the triangles supposed to be. I think I will be doing a lot ripping out!!

      Delete
    3. I thought I had responded, but I guess not! I did not square up the red and white triangles, so that is likely the problem. What finished size should they be? I have some ripping out to do.

      Delete
    4. They should be squared up to 1-1/2" let me know if that does not work.

      Delete
    5. that did the trick. thank you

      Delete