Title

Title

Monday, May 9, 2022

TQC Journal | issue 47

 
While I await the arrival of my next collection I have
 decided to try a few new things. I am going to spend a little
 time Slow Stitching and thought you might like to join me.
 I have been hand quilting my small quilts for quite sometime
but I have never hand pieced a project. If you would like
  to come along for the ride here are a few details. 

Slow Stitch Sampler
Finished Quilt 13" x 15"
New Posts each Monday for four weeks. 
- - - - - - - - - - - 
Getting Started
Make six Half-Square-Triangles
For each block, cut:
2 squares, 2-7/8" x 2-7/8"
Cut each square diagonally once,
you will have two extra triangles. 

Keep in mind I have never done this before and
I am definitely winging it! Here are a few tips. 

1. Because of your tiny hand stitches
there is no room for squaring up. 

2. I marked my 1/4" seam allowance to
 help me keep things straight. I used a 
Pilot Frixion Pen for this. 

3. Once you have completed six blocks
 piece them together in a vertical row.  




10 comments:

  1. I love piecing small quilts by hand. I'll be joining you but have lots going on right now at home. Hope I can keep up! Your piecing looks perfect, I've never used a Pilot Frixion pen but will be on the lookout for one! Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my pen at Staples. You can find them at Target and Walmart too.

      Delete
  2. I think I'm going to try this! I always hand pieced with my grandmother and haven't tried in a long time. I think this might just be the project I'm looking for. Hope I can figure it out! Wish me luck!! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my 'Beyond Baskets' quilt back from the quilter. It is just beautiful. Thanks for that fun BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love something else to hand piece. Currently working on Laundry Basket Quilts pattern Michigan all hand pieced and love this to relax. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. My hand-work group gathering is Saturday and I know what is coming with me. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this blog, I am very impressed with your blog and it is very useful for me and other. It has help me in finding out more detail about Buy Pure Cotton and Handblock Bedcovers Set Online in UAE .

    ReplyDelete