Title

Title

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

One Block Wednesday

I hope you are thinking about joining us for our latest
sew along. One Block Wednesday will be a great way to 
use up scraps and tidy up your stash. Lets get started.
To make a quilt that finishes 60" x 74" you will need
357 | 3-1/2" blocks, 180 light and 180 dark.
To accomplish this you will need to cut the following:
90 light print strips, 2" x width of fabric - 42"
90 dark print strips, 2" x width of fabrics - 42"
If you are cutting from scrap pieces 
cut 2" strips to total 42" length.
Take the next week and get your stash organized and your 
strips cut. We will be back next Wednesday with more details.

Check out the original post for a few more details here. 

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'm still working on the summer circles too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick question~ won't this make the blocks 4½ inches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I will hold off cutting since I have more smaller pieces ( fat quarter and less) and not 40 plus inch lengths to cut. Looking forward to see how I will make it work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just need 42" total. If you have fat quarters just cut two 2" x 22" pieces or four 2" x 11" pieces

      Delete
  4. Looking so forward to this! Thanks! I am quilting my snowball quilt! There is an end in sight!! Love scrappy quilts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do we know what the finished quilt will look like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The link at the bottom of the post will take you to the post of the inspiration quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your sew alongs and I'm VERY excited about this one!!! Do you know how many weeks/months this one will last? Just curious - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I've had that quilt pinned for a while, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I don't have 42" strips and have to make up with multiples, do you sew them together to make 42" strip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do not have to sew them together. You just need at least that length to get all the pieces we will be cutting from the strip. Next Wednesday will make everything a little more clear.

      Delete
  10. Ha! I'm just now getting started on the Flying Geese! (previous sew-along)
    I love this one too, and thinking I'll make more of a doll quilt. Your instructions and layout make it easy to figure out how to do this from scraps.
    Thank you Sheryl, for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I'm late to the party but jumping in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you are doing this. I just stumbled upon your website from a pictures posted on Pinterest. Thank you! Roxy in Hudson, WI.

    ReplyDelete