Title

Title

Monday, November 21, 2022

TQC Journal | issue 71

 
My yo-yo making continues. This cute little zippered pouch
would make the perfect "wrapping paper" for a couple small
gifts. I made seven yo-yo's using 3" circles. I used an applique
stitch to attach each one to the pouch. Simple, right?
Make a little zipper pull using a 7/8" strip of fabric. Press each
long edge under a 1/4" and then press in half. Stitch along open
edge. Thread through zipper pull and tie a knot. Trim ends and
keep them from fraying with a little glue. 
Hexagons work as well and are a quick embellishment
to any plain tote or project bag. I used 1/2" hexagon papers,
sewed them together in a row and attached to these linen
project bags that had been in my stash for a while. 

5 comments:

  1. So cute. I have been making a ton of toys for a quilt but this is a perfect idea for just making a few of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How did you make the project bags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased it from the Hobby Lobby. There is a link in the blog post.

      Delete
  3. Love this idea of dressing up plain pouches. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you! I appreciate all you do & offer in your blog.

    ReplyDelete